Sunday, March 21, 2010

Here we go again

What a week...but at least it's over and another new week is about to begin. Now that I don't work, I actually look forward to Mondays! Somehow I don't think I'll be saying that next year when life returns to normal back in Australia!

Anyway, my boy's operation is over and he's starting to heal nicely. I kept him off school for 4 days in the end as he wasn't ready at all to go back on Friday. So much for him only having one day off as advised by the doctor. That was actually a pretty scary day. They took him away from me at 8.35am and he didn't come back until 10.35am. I was panic stricken at that stage and was too scared to ask the nurses what was going on. It was only later that I found out that I should have went with him as far as the operating room, but no-one told me that and it's not something that I would have thought to ask them before. Anyway, it's all over and done and boy was I relieved to have him back. He seemed none the worse for it all and in fact was quite chirpy about it all. Now this is not at all like my 7 yr old. Maybe this experience had made him stronger. One thing I have learnt over the last few weeks, is to tell him what is going to happen, how much it's going to hurt etc and he seems to be able to handle it. I do fear for both my kids though, but maybe there is a lesson in this for me to learn too. I don't want them to get UC, and maybe they won't..they didn't get my shitty teeth, so maybe they won't get my shitty UC neither.

So tomorrow we're into another new week. I have another UC doctors appointment this week that I was supposed to have last week, but I cancelled it due to the boys op. Realistically I didn't want to go anyway. I'm holding my own...well, I'm kind off holding my own. I'm down to 10mgspred with 2 more days to go, then I'm down to 5mgs for the next 10 days..then I'm done. I have a little bit of mucus and a tiny bit of blood, but no pain and no urgency..so that's good as far as I'm concerned. I'm also using a suppository that I got from my last trip back home when I notice the blood / mucus increasing. I'm hoping this will keep things under control this time.

So what have I learnt from last week...well, as usual I panicked over nothing...both I and the boy survived his operation in one piece...so my lesson is to stop worrying about things that might not happen...easier said than done for me I think ... I'm just big bundle of messed up nerves..so how do I unravel myself...time will tell ... fear is a scary thing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment