Tuesday, June 8, 2010

SCD Diet - Days 23 - 25

Day 23 - Tue
You hopefully will have the gist of what I've been eating, so from now on I'm only going to post if I knowing or suspect I may have eaten something illegal or if I make something different and I'll still say how I'm feeling. Today I'm relieved to see that things are nearly back to what I call normal for now. Yesterday really scared me..it was just like being back in the bad old days of last summer and not being able to do anything. I'm still not entirely sure what happened...was it the potatoes and the other illegals, or was it because I changed maintenance medicines, or was it because I'm nearly off prednisolne...who knows...anyway I felt like crap yesterday.

Tonight I made a new meal ...chicken cooked in garlic butter...lovely... lets see if there is any fall out from that :D

Meds - 4 x Salazopyrin, 5mg Prednisolne, pred enema
Vitamins - Magnesium with Folic acid and Vit D (combo 1 tablet), Cod Liver Oil (tablet with 525mg)
Weight - 62.1 kgs(136.6lb s)

BMs - sorry but this is really just for me to track on how I'm going and as a reference to look back on....
  1. 7am - Possibly only the remains of the enema with a bit of M. Could not see any B.
  2. 12.30pm - Normal consistency, a little bit of M, could see no B
  3. 6.45pm - Normal consistency, a little bit of M, could see no B
  4. 9.50pm - Normal consistency, very little (and dare I say if any) M
*Again sorry to gross anyone out, but I need to note this...All movements are still on the narrow side (width approx 1.5 cm) so assuming inflammation still inside. I've no idea what normal is for everyone, but for me I'll assume 2.5cm would be a good width...normal..and if I can get to that then I'll be as happy as a pig in mud.

Aches & Pains - Slight ache on the left side of my back..could be from sitting wrong at the computer or a something to do with the descending colon...not sure...yesterday's pain was in the front and lower down. If only I was a doctor I'd know :D

Day 24 - Wed
No fall out yet from the garlic chicken :) and I don't know if I dare type this as I don't want to jinx myself, but I'm seeing big improvements. Maybe last weekend was my test and although I failed, I didn't stuff too much stuff into me to cause real damage and was able to get right back on the SCD diet again. I reckon another week will tell, but the flare-up symptoms are definitely reducing and the mucus is going. I'm not using an enema tonight, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow. My guts felt really achy today after lunch. Pains and all sorts. At one stage I went to the bathroom for the just in case, but the pain eased back around 3 hrs after my lunch. Anyone have any ideas what may have caused this. I didn't have a huge lunch or eat anything that wasn't SCD illegal.

Meds - 4 x Salazopyrin, 5mg Prednisolne
Vitamins - Magnesium with Folic acid and Vit D (combo 1 tablet)
Weight - 62.1 kgs(136.6lb s)

BM's
  1. 7am - Only the remains of the enema with a bit of M. Could not see any B.
  2. 9.50pm - Normal consistency, a little bit of M, could see no B


Day 25 - Thur
Woke up this morning with a splitting headache. Either I'm dehydrated from yesterday as I really didn't drink enough water or something else is going on. I'm sick of eating bananas for breakfast..time to try apples I think unless anyone else has got any good SCD Diet ideas. Today marks my first steroid free day since April when I had to restart at 30mg after only being off them for 2 weeks. My gut still feels a bit achy and I've no idea what is causing this. There is a possibility that I need to eat more in the mornings before I take the magnesium tablet though. Tomorrow I'll try to eat more.

Today I did a big lunch for some of the girls I hang around with. Loads of families are leaving France and heading home as their time is up here. It's sad to see them go, but in the end we all leave. We've no more than 9 months left here now. I can't say I'll be sad to leave, but when I've been feeling OK, I've enjoyed my time here.

Has anyone ever hated doing the shopping and cooking when in a flare-up? Sometimes I find it so hard to do either. I can't stand the smell of food cooking and at the moment it's hard sitting at a table when people are eating. Maybe I'm just jealous :) ......


Meds - 4 x Salazopyrin, pred enema
Vitamins - Magnesium with Folic acid and Vit D (combo 1 tablet),
Pred Enema
Weight - 61.7 kgs(135.7lb s)

BMs
  1. 7am - Normal consistency with a bit of mucus this morning mixed in and possibly a bit of blood...can't be sure for definite
  2. 7.30am - Normal consistency, a little bit of M, could see no B
  3. 11.30am - Normal consistency, a little bit of M, could see no B
  4. 9.45pm - Normal consistency, a little bit of M, possible a bit of B

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel guilty about having to make note of your BMs. It's one of those crappy (tee hee) things we need to do to keep track of the progression of this disease. I wish you the best! Hope you start to feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete